Player Appearance Requests
The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans receive regular requests for player appearances to support various organisations and causes. The Taipans are committed to engaging with the Cairns and region community, spending more than 1000 hours at community events every year.
The club welcomes requests from organisations, and strives to fulfil requests where possible, subject to training and playing schedules.
Guidelines for request
- Requests must be made no later than 6 weeks prior to the event for scheduling reasons
- No requests for appearances of a personal description will be considered
- Appearance requests must have a defined and explained role for players attending, and a proposal of activities, run sheet and player briefing notes must be included
- No appearances with a possible risk or injury will be considered
- All requests must be submitted online via this link: https://orangearmy.com.au/community-appearance-requests/
The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans receive many requests for donations every season from a variety of community organisations. As a community-owned, not-for-profit club, the Taipans are committed to engaging with local community organisations to support those causes that benefit the Cairns community.
Please note that the Taipans are not able to provide financial donations, however the club will consider requests for tickets and merchandise on a case-by-case basis. We may not be able to support every request due the large number of requests received each season.
Guidelines for requests
- Must be for a registered charity or not-for-profit community group
- Cairns / Cairns-region based organisations preferred
- Six working weeks’ notice required
- All requests must be submitted online via this link: https://orangearmy.com.au/donation-requests/